You use the Website at Your sole risk. The Website is provided “as is” and “as available”. The Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies will not be responsible or liable for any consequences of Your reliance on information, documentation, materials, or software made available from or through the Website (collectively referred to as “Content”), or if the Website is unavailable at any time for any period of time. The Website is not guaranteed to be error-free, uninterrupted or free of viruses, worms, and other malicious software. The Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies assumes no responsibility and provides no warranties, representations, guarantees, covenants or conditions, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation, with respect to quality, accuracy, reliability, currency, completeness, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or continued availability. Specifically, CAPCA does not assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any Content, or in connection with any products (including drugs), therapies, treatments, processes, or services to which You are introduced or about which You obtain information on, through or by means of websites linked to the Website (collectively referred to as “Products”). You must verify Content and the suitability and effectiveness of any Products for Yourself and consult with Your health care provider(s) before You rely on Content or a Product. Content may be changed at any time and without notice. Although CAPCA may make available archived Content, it has no obligation to do so. It is Your responsibility to take the precautions You deem necessary to protect Yourself against damage from malicious, disruptive or otherwise harmful software or data, including using anti-virus software.
The Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies does not endorse or recommend any Content or Product. The views and opinions expressed on or through the Website do not necessarily state or reflect those of CAPCA, and they may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Content for informational purposes only
It is prohibited to misuse the Website, including by using the Website in a manner that interferes with another person’s use or enjoyment of the Website or for any purpose other than obtaining and sharing information related to cancer and cancer control. It is prohibited to post or otherwise make available through the Website, Content which is:
- illegal (pornographic, a violation of privacy, fraudulent or intended to defraud)
- unethical (exclusionary, misleading, discriminatory, racist, harassing)
- inappropriate (vulgar, derogatory, violent, aggressive, bullying, profane)
- promotional, junk mail, spam, chain letters or bulk email.
- designed to compromise the security of the Website or the integrity of Content such as hacking, corrupting or destroying Content, or the intentional introduction of viruses.
Accessing the Website from locations where the Content is illegal is prohibited and anyone accessing the Website from outside of Canada is doing so at his or her own initiative and is responsible for compliance with local laws.
Use of The Partnership collaborative communities
The Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies’ use of The Partnership’s collaborative communities (each, a “Community” and collectively “Communities”) are password-protected spaces that enable the sharing of ideas and collaboration by allowing Members of a Community (including Members who are Professional Users) to leverage expertise and reduce duplication of effort, and thereby, to benefit from innovation, reduce variability of access to information and services, and increase the capacity for providing information and services.
Notwithstanding the prohibition on posting or otherwise making available promotional Content, notice of events, conferences, courses or publications is acceptable if relevant to the purposes of a Community.
Use of communities by health professionals
As noted above, Communities are not designed for the posting or sharing of personal health information or other sensitive information (collectively referred to in this section as “PHI”). To the extent that Professional Users establish a Community or otherwise use the Website to store, review and/or discuss third party records that include PHI, they do so at their own risk.
- The Partnership does not guarantee that the Website, including the functionality related to Communities, will provide any particular level of security, including any level of security required under privacy or other legislation applicable to a Professional User (“Applicable Law”). Each Professional User agrees that he or she is solely responsible for determining whether using a Community to collect, use, disclose or otherwise share and/or host any particular information, including PHI, is consistent with his or her professional obligations and Applicable Law.
- The Partnership does not guarantee that information hosted on the Website, including in a Community, will be maintained for any period. It is the responsibility of each Professional User to determine whether using the Website, including a Community to collect, use, disclose or otherwise share and/or host any particular information, including PHI, is consistent with his or her professional record-keeping obligations. For greater certainty, it is the responsibility of each Professional User to extract from the Website, including a Community, information that he or she wants or is required to retain.
- Each Professional User accepts all responsibility and liability arising out of any claims and/or proceedings connected with his or her use of the Website, including a Community, to collect, use, disclose or otherwise share and/or host information, including without limitation PHI.
- The Partnership accepts no responsibility or liability for any failure of a Professional User to comply with any legal, regulatory or professional requirement, including a requirement relating to PHI, that is connected with the Professional User’s use of the Website, including a Community.
CAPCA owns all intellectual property rights in and to the Website, including images, text, code, logos and designs, and documents except Content identified as belonging to a third party. You are required to comply with the terms and conditions asserted by a third party owner of Content. You may copy any portion of the Website owned by the CAPCA for your personal, non-commercial use only provided that You retain all copyright and other proprietary notices on each copy that You make.
Limitation of liability
The Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies will not be liable to You in contract, tort (including negligence or gross negligence) or otherwise, for any loss or damage whatsoever, including without limitation loss of information, programs or data, or for direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, however caused or arising in connection with the Website and use of the Website, even if CAPCA has been notified of the possibility of such damage or loss or if such damage or loss was foreseeable. Without limiting the generality of the preceding, CAPCA will not be liable to You in connection with any Content, Products or the actions of other users, including Members or Professional Members.
Waiver, severability of terms